Christian Ethics will take a look at the various ethical dilemmas that are present in our culture today. More than that, the class will also discuss the ethical decision making process that a Christian should use in addressing these challenging issues. The class will be seven weeks long and will be held on Wednesday nights from 7:00-8:30 PM at MLHS. The dates are Oct. 12, 19, 26; Nov. 2, 9, 16, 23. There is no cost except the purchase of the textbook (see below). If you would like to participate please sign-up with this form or with Renae Johnson in the administration office. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 952-657-2251 Ext. 1002. Class will meet in RM 101.
Dates and Reading Schedule:
Wednesday, October 12—7:00-8:30 PM:
- Chapter 1: Introduction: Why Study Ethics?
- Chapter 2: Christian Ethics?
Wednesday, October 19—7:00-8:30 PM:
- Chapter 3: Ethical Systems and Ways of Moral Reasoning
- Chapter 4: Making Ethical Decisions
Wednesday, October 26—7:00-8:30 PM:
- Chapter 5: Abortion and Embryonic Stem Cell Research
- Chapter 6: Reproductive Technologies
Wednesday, November 2—7:00-8:30 PM:
- Chapter 7: Biotechnology, Genetics, and Human Cloning
- Chapter 8: Physician Assisted Suicide and Euthanasia
Wednesday, November 9—7:00-8:30 PM:
- Chapter 9: Capital Punishment
Wednesday, November 16—7:00-8:30 PM:
- Chapter 10: Sexual Ethics
Wednesday, November 23—7:00-8:30 PM:
- Chapter 11: The Morality of War
- Chapter 12: Ethics and Economics
Reading List: Please purchase the below Textbook and have it with you for class on October 12th.
Moral Choices: An Introduction to Ethics, 3rd Edition by Scott B. Rae, Zondervan Publishing, 2009. ISBN#978-0-310-29109-1. Get it on Amazon.