From the Principal
What do parents look for in a middle school for their child? What qualities and characteristics are important for students in grades six through eight?
I am so excited to embark on this journey and open up the doors of Mayer Lutheran to sixth, seventh, and eighth grade students, and to welcome more families to our Mayer Lutheran community. At Mayer Lutheran Middle School (MLMS), it is our goal to prepare the next generation of Christian leaders, helping students grow both academically and spiritually. MLMS is a safe space to experience hands-on learning, collaborative groupwork, and develop 21st century skills, along with having fun and fostering positive relationships that can carry on through high school.
Also, being CRUSADERS – people who are Compassionate, Respectful, Understanding, a Servant, Aspiring, Discerning, Empathetic, Responsible, and Saved by the Lord – is what we aspire all of our ML middle school students to learn and embrace. It is our plan to make sure MLMS has unique experiences that are developmentally appropriate and engaging for middle school students to learn what it means to be a CRUSADER.
Preparing Christian Leaders is something we look forward to extending to our middle school youth, and we cannot wait to see who joins us on this journey. Go Crusaders!
Gina Plotz, Middle School Principal
Mission & Vision
At Mayer Lutheran Middle School, we prepare the next generation of Christian leaders.
Why Mayer Lutheran Middle School?
Having the middle school option allows us to:
- Instill the Mayer Lutheran mission within our students at an earlier age.
- Foster and grow positive relationships that will continue into high school and beyond.
- Have prior knowledge and expectations of our high school students when they enter 9th grade.
- Enable students to lead by example to their new Mayer Lutheran High School peers, shortening that learning curve of expectations of the “Crusader way” for the new incoming classes.
Academics & Areas of Focus
A time dedicated to
- build relationships
- learn social-emotional and life skills
- learn and practice what it means to be a Mayer Lutheran Crusader
- Chapel once per week
- Small group meets four times per week
During this time students will connect the dots, break down the message, and apply it to their lives
- Band and Choir
- Physical Education
- Spanish Enrichment
At Mayer Lutheran Middle School, students will learn in bring-your-own-device (BYOD) 21st-century classrooms, having access to top-of-the-line high school facilities, such as science classrooms and our field house, all while learning core classes in the newly remodeled middle school wing. The curriculum will address the standards in core classes and theology combined with additional specialty courses which are still under development.
Come to an Open House!
- Tuesday, February 27, 6-7 PM
- Wednesday, April 10, 6-7 PM
- Wednesday, June 5, 6-7 PM
Check out our list of Frequently Asked Questions.
Email Gina Plotz at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 952-657-2251 ext. 1009.