Mayer Lutheran wanted to reach out to provide an update on several items related to the Activities Department. Obviously, much of this information hinges on when the pause on youth sports will be lifted. Please feel free to reach out to Kris Gustin if you have any questions about any of the below items:
Winter Activities: Please take a moment know to register your child for basketball, wrestling or QBKB. This greatly helps our coaches and advisers in planning for the upcoming season as it gives us an idea about the number of participants we will have. Remember, your activity fee of $245 is due prior to participation.
· Dance: Dance will resume once the pause on youth sports is lifted. The schedule has been adjusted. We will have conference meets on January 22 at Belle Plaine, February 1 at TCU, and on February 8 at Mayer Lutheran.
· Robotics: Robotics will resume once the pause on youth sports is lifted.
· eSports: eSports practices will resume once the pause on your sports is lifted.
· Boys Basketball: Boys basketball will begin after the pause on youth sports is lifted. Coach Traska has set up a Microsoft Teams for the boys basketball program, where he has posted information, videos, plays and a questionnaire for the boys. The schedule has been updated, with games beginning on January 15.
· Girls Basketball: Girls basketball will begin after the pause on youth sports are lifted. We are tentatively targeting January 4 for tryouts. If we can practice earlier, we will have open gyms the week of December 28. I have set up a Microsoft Teams for the girls basketball program, where he have posted some plays and will post additional information for the girls. Please email me if you have questions. The schedule has been updated, with games beginning January 14.
· Wrestling: If you are interested in wrestling in our co-op at Watertown-Mayer, please let me know ASAP so I can reach out to the coaches and AD there.
· QBKB: QBKB will begin after the first of the year. Please contact Rachel Bohnhoff if you have any questions or for details.
Travel over Break and Practices:
In an effort to restart after the break as safely as possible, your student may be asked to stay home for a period of 7 days prior to returning to campus if your family traveled over break. If your family is traveling over Christmas break:
o Plan on your student staying home for 7 days before returning to school or practices. For example, if you get home on January 5, we ask that your child would stay home for 7 days (avoid contacts with others outside the household). The return to school or practices date would be January 13. During this time we would ask you to monitor for symptoms and if symptoms do develop and you choose to have your child tested, you would let Mr. Wilaby or myself know about this.
COVID-19 Return to Participation: Please review the attached, the current COVID-19 Return to Participation protocol, which was approved by the Minnesota State High School League on December 3. The protocol changed only slightly, with some clarifications and the addition of two flow charts. If your child tests positive for COVID-19, he or she will need to have a medical professional complete page one, which they will keep, and the top part of page four, which you will return.